30 Jun 2010

A house is not a home

Few months back, i wrote a blog post about a shelter home, Rumah Titian Kasih (RTK) near Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, Kuala Lumpur (read it here) during a visit there. I met lovely yet  lonely orphanages, old folks and single mothers.

DSC05817Me & Kak Cik

In more or less a year before,  bestfriend, Baiti came up with her beautifully written article about the same RTK in The Star “Welcome cash boost for home’s residents”.


So, anyway, since I’m known as a person who is so lazy to read the news, Mum always text me if there are something big in everyday news that she think i need to check it. I had a perfect morning – woke up early & fresh, despite went to bed a bit late, had Roti Planta & Neslo Ice for breakfast, and received the claim cheque – until I got Mum’s text…

“Penghuni rumah titian kasih kene halau x mampu bayar sewa. Kosmo ada gambar Nana tgh keluar”
 DSC05826 My cousin with Nana :)

I can still remember her voice.. repeatedly saying ““mana ibu nana…?” “kenapa ibu x datang..?”Mak Pah baik… jaga kami….mak Pah baik sangat….

So I checked out Kosmo online, and TheStar online and… i almost had tears in my eyes.

I know there’s nothing I can do. All that I’m capable of doing is to pray that there is someone, or some organization, or the government, whoever out there will come and help them, as we know Mak Pah can’t handle this all by herself, alone.

Taken from the article written by my bestfriend, Baiti;

“However, I worry what would happen to the children if we don’t own our own house. I won’t be around forever,” 
– Mak Pah

Visit Rumah Titian Kasih blog here.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

09 10