31 Oktober 2018

Surprise Anniversary Dinner at Akar Lima Kulim

Days before our anniversary, Husband had already informed that he was taking a day leave from work so we could go out, just the two of us. I was looking forward to the day. It had been ages since we had our date without the kids. Hehe.

So on the day itself, we were getting ready to go out when I asked where were we going. He said he needed to go to the bank. (On out anniversary? pppft.) Okay la.. but we went to our favourite breakfast place at Astaka Taman Tun Sardon first. We had capati with kuah daging, all time favourite serabai and roti sandwich daging and tuna. Then we went to the bank to get his thing settled and went to catch a movie. We decided to watch Paskal due to all the positive review. I am glad that we chose Paskal after all these years of no movie. It was a great movie. Got myself emotional a bit.

After movie, husband said we were going to have early dinner. Early cos we had to go back early to fetch the kids from the babysitter. (Yeah.. dating pun kena cepat-cepat lol). So he drove to I didn't know where he didn't want to tell. I was actually thinking we would go to Blackwood Cafe as he entered Kulim. But no, he drove to this place I don't even know where he found out named Akar Lima. And then came the surprise.

The lady owner showed our table. With balloons and flowers and "Happy Anniversary" decorations.





I'm always the one with the surprises and all. But I did not plan any thing for our anniversary this year cos I was busy with this and that. And husband is not really the planning-the-surprise type. So when I saw the decorations, it really took me by surprise. At this point, sorry but I couldn't stop smiling hahaha!

Anyway, Akar Lima is located inside a housing area, slightly off Kulim town. It's a homestay, it's a BnB, it's a cafe, it's super cool! I love almost everything about this place. The decoration is beautiful. The setting is ala kampung with a blend of western. The lady owner is so friendly and so helpful. 





The food is awesome too! They serve western food with a little touch of kampung with ulam as their salad.

Beef Tenderloin with Mash Potato and Corn

Grilled Lamb with Creamy Pasta and Ulam Raja

For me, food is deliciously awesome. It is not easy to find good western food in such a small town but Akar Lima's definitely won my heart (and tummy!) And the portion is quite generous as well.

Too bad we didn't managed to get a taste of their desserts as we were rushing home to the kids. But I will be back, for sure. 




Thank you husband for the surprise dinner. Ingat kan dah tahun ke 6 dah tak ada la sweet-sweet ni hiksss.

Love you, Yang.

***

Akar Lima
1116C Lorong Laksamana, Jalan Tunku Bendahara, Kulim

3 ulasan:

09 10