12 Mac 2011

Sentimental value vs technology

I still remember how excited I was to send and receive Hari Raya Aidilfitri cards from classmate which was mailed to my home, and received birthday cards from friends and family members during my school years. In secondary school, I made most of the birthday cards for my mum, family members and friends. When exam was around the corner, I made my friends good luck cards. Once in a while, I would make cards for anyone for no reason. Not that I make beautiful cards just that I think the sentimental value added to the hand-made cards are priceless compare to the ready-made cards.

 

120320111645

 

Well, I was not the only who feel that way. I have also friends who prefer to make cards then buy them. And as I received those, it really touched the hearts. For years. That’s why I still have them with me till today. I appreciate the ready-made cards received, but you know, it is just different.

  002 Birthday, 1999 from Sis Marhani

 

004

1999, from Sis Marhani

 

016

2001, from Fadilah

 

001Before SPM, 2002, from Ezaroyani

 

012Our Pengarah in KMNS made the effort to send handmade postcards to the students

 

120320111650 Before final exam in matriculation college, 2004 from Mum

 

 

But today, you’ll be lucky enough to receive a ready-made card as the technology has now conquered the world. How many Hari Raya card or birthday card do you received last year compare to 10 years ago? It started with the e-cards and sms, then photo tagging in Facebook and now wishing through Twitter.

 

I made effort to give away Hari Raya card to some of my friends who I still keep their address, and even asked in Twitter for those who wish to receive one from me. And I was glad there are also some Twitteratis who made the same effort like @aidasue, @acapawn7, @farafauzi, @syazaliyana and @reena_onn. And the only birthday card I received from a Twitteratis last year was from @fazlitaufek.

 

191784376

 

Well, i don’t have picture of the cards I made for the other during my high school years. Back then, I didn’t know technology will take all of ‘this’ from me. But Fadilah (my so-called-twin) uploaded one of the many cards I gave her during our high school years on Facebook.

 

26308_381968999352_727839352_3652267_2709404_n

For her birthday, 24th September 2002.

 

Oh, yes I have a picture of one of the cards I made last year.

 

201005071458001Specially made for mum, Mother’s Day, 2010

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan

09 10